
Kurt had a double whammy for his birthday this year since it fell on Fathers day. We tried to make it extra special so we didn't scrimp on the good stuff, like desserts. We surprise him at work on Thursday with balloons and banana bread, then took him out to eat at Eddington's (a great soup and sandwich place). I felt bad because this week was hellish for Kurt at work. He had lots of tax returns to do for Larson Allen (his normal job) and then had 6 (3-4 hour) classes to teach in 5 days for Becker (his side job). Needless to say we gave him a much needed day of pampering on Sunday with breakfast in bed, presents, bar-b-que for lunch, a nap after church, Jambalaya for dinner and two desserts (better than sex cake and decorated cookies for fathers day). We also took a relaxing walk over the Mississippi at a dam near our house. After the kids were in bed we played a few rounds of Kurt new favorite card game, Dominion. I hope he had a wonderful day because he truly deserves it for being a amazing husband and father. WE all love him so much and can't wait till he comes home everyday.

I've wanted to make this painting for Kurt for two years now but kept on forgetting till it was to late. This year I was more on the ball and finally finished it. It has all of their foot prints with Kurt's on the top. The poem is from the June 2007 Friend by Jeannie Sauders Smedley called, In the Footsteps of My Dad.

3 comments:
How did you make the footprints transfer? That's really cool!
The painting turned out AMAZING!!!
I painted all there feet with a thin layer of blue paint then pressed them onto the canvas. It worked really well, then I shadowed them with silver paint on the left side.
Post a Comment