Saturday, April 5, 2008

Tally

So as some of you heard, Kurt gave me money for a dog for my birthday. We looked through some dog books to find out what kind of dog we wanted and we decided to look for a Vizsla. I know what your thinking, what's a vizsla? It's a Hungarian pointer, the breed was almost destroyed durning WWII because it was a royal dog but they were smuggled out of Hungary. They're suppose to be a a great family dog but they just not that common. So I've been looking for one since Feb. with no luck till last tuesday. I found tally on petfinder.com on Tuesday, she was at a vet's office about 1 1/2 hours away. Since it'd rare to find a vizsla not from a breeder, and a female baby just like I wanted, i had to see her. After a half hour of seeing how she acts around the boys we took her home. I will say it was not love at first sight especially after the first day, getting a puppy when you have a baby id like having twins! But After getting a schedule and everybody getting adjusted, we're starting to settle in to having a dog. Tally is a really obedient and she's easier to potty train than Joshua!

4 comments:

Anne Bennion said...

Welcome to the family Tally. She looks beautiful! I bet the boys are going to have so much fun with her.

The Stevens said...

She's cute. It'll be fun to have a dog.

Unknown said...

do you realize that her coller matches your blog backround?

Professor Price said...

ruff ruff ruff, bark bark, bow wow, bow wow wow, bow wow wow wow.