Thursday, February 17, 2011

Parenting...sometimes it's just HARD


This last week have been really chanelleging. Josh has had 3 bad days at school and I've gotten 3 phonecalls/emails about his behavior. I never wamted to be the parent that said "oh my kid would never do that," but I didn't want to be the parent of "that kid" either. Up till now he was doing great a bad day once a month maybe but never this bad. The sad thing he told his teacher after his worst day (day #2) that it was the funest day ever. Obviously wickedness never was happeniness hasn't sunk in yet. Hopefully after this weekend of NO Fun he'll change his tune.

Tonight after being disappointed yet again by his behavior I was rocking Hazel to sleep and remembered rocking Joshua to sleep in my arms singing "I am a child of God" and "A child's prayer" everynight while he was little, looking into his sweet face, and being so proud of my little boy.

After days like this I need those little reminders, even though some days are hard and I don't like his actions, he's still my sweet face little boy whom I'm so proud of.

I think it's a blessing that little children come into this world so cute and loveable and sweet, so that as they grow up you have those memories to turn to when things don't turn out like you planned. It gives you hope to try even harder tomorrow. Here's to tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anne Bennion said...

Bad days are hard. Hope that Josh has a bunch of good days saved up for you.

Hillary said...

Jess!!! We've been going through the exact thing with Braden in his kindergarten class the last two weeks!!!! I agree with and understand everything you said in this post. It's hard to find that balance between lecturing about behavior expectations and making sure they don't feel like a piece of dirt, huh. Let me know if you find anything that works great. I'm cutting sugar this week to see if that helps.