Thursday, October 8, 2009

I raise you one burnt pot

Yesterday was interesting. I had a baby apt. and got to hear the heartbeat and everything is going great. Then I came home... Kurt was working from home (thank goodness) because I was really tired so I laid down. I love my boys but Kurt and Josh have got to be the loudest people on earth. I think I was woken up every 5- 10 minutes with either loud music from the TV, Joshua deciding now is good time to empty his piggy bank on the hardwood floor, or them trying to be quiet by running around the house. Anyways no sleep for me, so I got up cranky and feeling even worst then when I laid down. So what do I do... try to make dinner. Bad idea. I put a pot on the stove to heat up some oil to sear some meat. But I forgot it got to hot and when I put in the meat the whole house filled with smoke. I manage to save the meat. Kurt came in to tell me to go back to bed and he'd finish dinner. Yes, my husband is a saint! After about 45 minutes I hear Kurt telling the boys to, "get their shoes on their going to the store." Kurt comes in and tells me he couldn't find the soy sauce and figured sesame seed oil smells about right so he put 2 tsp. in the sweet n' sour he was making. He tasted it found out they're very different and not only that but boiling and simmering are not the same thing, so we're getting pizza for dinner. Oh the joys of being sick!

1 comment:

Anne Bennion said...

Hang in there Jes! I feel your pain!