Monday, March 29, 2010

A House of Order

Just so you know Hazel has not made her debut into the world yet, even though my first due date came and went last week. We're still waiting, but in the meantime...

My house has gotten really clean. In an effort to not focus on the fact that I'm still pregnant and very uncomfortable, I've decided to make sure my house is clean before I go to bed each night. Each day I tackle a new room or laundry and make sure it's clean then make sure the dishes are done and clean the living room. I will say I've been trying to make this schedule work for years and lately it just works. Plus a few weeks ago we had a family home evening lesson on having a house of order and told the boys, "Jesus doesn't like a dirty house". They really got into it and now every night before bed we spend 15 minutes cleaning the living room and their room. It's surprising that we've never even come close to using the whole 15 minutes before we're done. It's also nice to be able to go into their room at night and not step on a toy in your bare feet.

Hopefully Kurt can keep this up while I'm recuperating after Hazel come then maybe I'll have a chance of having a clean house and a newborn at the same time. I know I'm dreaming here but a girls got to hope, right?

2 comments:

Lynnie said...

wow Jess, I'm impressed! I try and try to get this across to my family but they're just not buying it. I can't believe you're that close to having this baby - I so wanted to name Elias Hazel but then he turned out a he. Can't wait to see the new babe!

Mimi said...

I love waking up to clean house. I got into a good habit as well with getting is clean before going to bed. I put on a fun CD and after each song you have to freeze. the kids have to clean for 3 songs long. Totally works. Come Hazel come!