Hazel really likes to do things her own way. I went into labor around 7pm on Tuesday night but the contractions we not consistent till around 11pm. They were still about 10 mins apart at midnight so I decided I probably should lay down and see if I could get any sleep before we needed to go to the Hospital. At 12:30 I had a contraction and Hazel kicked me durning it and broke my water. That was weird, with the boys the doctor had to brake my water when I was around 8 cm. I will say contractions are not fun after your water breaks. We rushed to the hospital and My parents met us at the hospital to take the boys. Joshua and Michael we super excited to wake up in the middle of the night and go to Nana and Papa's. When we checked in at 1am I was 4-5cm. I asked for an epidural and they said they would get me one as soon as we moved to the delivery room. The nurses we awesome and I got an epidural around 2:30. As he was putting it in I had the worst contractions right on top of each other. It was the most painful 15 minutes of the night. I couldn't relax after the epidural was in and as I laid down I needed to push. I told the nurse and she was shocked to find out Hazel's head was about to come out and nothing was ready in the room and the doctor wasn't there yet either. She was holding the head in as everyone rushed to get everything ready, the doctor arrived and 5 pushing contractions later she was here. I guess when she wanted to come she came.
Hazel has been an amazing baby. She is really calm and easily pacified. She's my first kid to actually latched on and breastfed. I might actually get to breastfeed this time. She's still not great at it so I'm supplementing with formula but I feel relaxed with how everything is going. She has big blue eyes a pointy chin, and a round face with dark blond hair. It's funny she looks chunky to us because she's our biggest baby but she's still a nut to most people. We're glad to be home and sleep in my own bed! Thanks for all the comments!
4 comments:
Not to be demanding or anything but.... PICTURES!!
So glad to hear she's here and you're well. Those dang babies, they come when they want whether nurses and doctors are ready or not. I think everyone needs at least 1 birth story that is frantic and fast. Good luck with the breastfeeding thing!
wow, that was fast. It sounded like you were already in transition when the epi came. WAy to go! Funny that Hazel kicked her way out. Let me know if you have any BF questions.
Glad to hear that Hazel is doing well. I hope she stays easy going, for your sake!!
She is so pretty, and I love the name! I hope you do get to breastfeed, it is fun to be able to experience and it always helps me get the weight off. Good luck!
Post a Comment