Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Labor VS Gallstone

It's a tie when it comes to pain but gallstone pain feels like a heart attack making it hard to breath so it is a lot more frightening. Last night I made my first trip to the emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack the pain was so severe but after a few hours of tests and pain meds, we found out I have an extra large gallstone and need to have my gallbladder removed. All I've got to say is it's unfair that women are 3 times more likely to have gallstone then men, and I love modern medicine especially pain meds. Sometime in the next 2 weeks I'll have surgery, which it not all that invasive and I should be recovered the same time I totally healed from the birth of Hazel so at least I won't have any more down time then I already do. Bring on the no fat diet for the next few weeks!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

My sister's mother in law had hers removed and has had to give herself an enema every day for decades. 'Nuff said - I'm SOOOO sorry (and right after Hazel's birth when you should be recovering and reveling in her cuteness.) Hope it all goes well and you feel BETTER - no more ER trips.

Anne Bennion said...

I'm so sorry!! We'll be praying for you! Wish I was closer and could help out.